Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
I’m the managing editor at Move.org, a website that helps people by creating content about every stage of the moving process, from deciding where to live to settling into your new place.
We’re looking for a data storyteller to help us create the BEST data studies/stories that help readers decide where to live based on interesting data and insights.
This piece was syndicated in the New York Times real estate calculator column (I’d love to get our data stories shared here. The columnist shares a new data study relevant to real estate each week by an outside source, like WalletHub or RentCafe. Scroll through to get an idea of the type of studies they share).
I like this data piece because it tells a story with original data and connects the dots for readers in an easy-to-digest format. The data findings are interesting and present useful information for people deciding which neighborhood to settle down in.
- The salary you must earn to buy a home in the 50 largest metros
- Home-Buying & Climate Change: The Riskiest and Safest Places in 2022
- Data Studies | SmartAsset.com
- https://digg.com/data-viz (This is another feed to scroll through for more examples)
- The Best And Worst U.S. States For Allergies - HouseFresh
- The Best And Worst U.S. Cities For Your Skin - HouseFresh
- The Cities Where Air Pollution Has Increased And Decreased The Most Since 2019 - HouseFresh
- The Most Stressful Cities To Buy A Home In The US - HouseFresh
We’re looking for a data expert who knows all the different data sources potentially available to us and who will be able to collect and analyze that data to come up with original, interesting, shareworthy findings and insights.
You’ll need to come up with unique, original methodologies; share key findings with the writer; and suggest any potential data visualization ideas. The final data output will need to be in a readable format, ready for publication and the design team to make graphics.
It’s pertinent that our methodologies are unique and have not already been replicated. If something has already been done, then there’s no point in doing it again, unless we can do it from another angle or in a better way somehow.
I have a lot of ideas, but I really want someone who can take that idea and turn it into a full-fledged pitch, eg: data sources we’ll use, expected findings and how it’ll be different from what’s already been done on the topic.
Lastly, I’m looking for someone who can tell a story with the data. You don’t need to necessarily be the writer for the piece; I’m just looking for someone who can clearly articulate the story through the data to a writer.
Interested? Please shoot me a message on Contra with the following information:
- Pricing (Price per data piece as well as monthly retainer pricing for X number of pieces)
- Estimated turnaround time (How many of these do you think you could do per month?)
- Links to any relevant “proof” that you can execute on this project (LinkedIn, portfolio, case studies, etc)
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.