Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Please refer to our Capability Framework
Salary: Competitive for Not-for-profit organisation
Contract: 12-month fixed term contract, with possibility of converting to permanent
Location: Netherlands (Amsterdam preferred)
Start Date: Immediate. Interviews occur on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Hence, it is advisable to apply early as we may close the role before the advertised 'Apply By' date.
EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative. We understand that keeping global temperature rise below 1.5˚C demands unprecedented change. It requires new social dynamics, ways of doing business, capital flows, policymaking, economic models, and new ways of living. That is why our mission is to leverage the power of systems innovation to transform whole places, industries, and value chains by 2030, working across sectors to develop and scale ambitious, mission-led programmes.
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we orchestrate a community of more than 400 organisations including large corporations and SMEs, municipal and regional governments, universities, and research institutes, as well as non-governmental organisations and uncommon actors. Historically, we have been funded by our founder and core funder, the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), but we are currently transitioning to a multi-funder model.
EIT Climate-KIC colleagues are based in one of our local offices across Europe or work remotely from home based in one of the countries where we have a branch. We meet at our local offices to exchange and connect and use online collaboration tools work with each other and with our Community. On occasion, we meet in-person as teams, and once per year as an organisation.
As a mission-driven organisation dedicated to climate transformation, we consider the climate impact of our own actions, for example travel, catering, or IT equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Financial Accountant plays a critical role within the Financial Reporting area of EIT Climate KIC's finance team. This includes managing the accounting of the Dutch Holding Company using 'Haus/ Unit 4' ERP system.
The role will be responsible for all transactional elements of the Holdings entity accounting including month end , balance sheet reconciliations, producing of financial reports and managing tax payments.
Furthermore, the role will ensure that finance team deliver a quality service to stakeholders to enable them to achieve their objectives, whilst achieving high levels of financial control and compliance.
- Financial accounting and reporting in Dutch GAAP including managing month end processes and producing financial reports for group consolidation.
- Act as the key financial control business partner for the Holding company , enabling the organisation to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Be visible as the key contact for communicating and promoting good financial controls throughout the organisation.
- Assisting with audits, statutory and group and leasing with auditors
- Verifications and filing of VAT returns and other tax forms, liaising with internal and external tax advisors/auditors relating to compliance of Holding company
- Supporting the implementations of various tools to improve the reporting cycles ( eg. Data collaboration platforms, dashboards etc.. )
To be successful in this role you will have a solid experience of financial accounting under Dutch GAAP and regulatory environment for B.V. whilst being able to cope with a high volume of varied supplier invoices and transactions.
Balancing being hand-on and willing to process transactions whilst retaining the management of the whole finance area for the Climate- KIC Holding company will be key to succeeding in this role.
Resilience and the confidence to deal with multiple stakeholder queries / demands in a fast-moving environment will be important, whilst contributing to gradually improving processes within the team to increase processing efficiency.
- Minimum Secondary Education qualifications in core subjects (e.g. GCSE English and Maths).
- Accountancy professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACCA etc) desirable.
- Proven experience of minimum 4 years within a Finance team or in a similar finance role.
- Fluent in English; Dutch language is a plus.
- Experience with common software applications such as Excel, Microsoft Office.
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Service-oriented attitude to stakeholders
- Proactive mindset
- Cooperative with strong communications skills
- Problem solver and solution oriented
- Calm, assertive approach to dealing with a high volume of transactions
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity yet produce clear actions / direction
Candidates must have the right to work (i.e. not require visa sponsorship) in the locations mentioned prior to applying for the position. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based close to a EIT Climate-KIC office, but we support full remote or hybrid forms of working and offer a high degree of flexibility.
At EIT Climate-KIC we are wholeheartedly committed to building a diverse and representative team and an inclusive workplace that values different life experiences and perspectives, and encourages personal development, learning and growth.
When recruiting we look to achieve diversity in the candidate pool. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are happy to consider reasonable adjustments to that will foster success in potential employees from diverse backgrounds and life situations. And because our team has differing needs and personal circumstances, we offer a high degree of flexibility to accommodate all working patterns.
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.