Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
Manages and coordinates accounting activities to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and financial records for: PADI Travel
Supports the 2 primary objectives:
• Growing the PADI Travel business
• Gaining more operational efficiencies
- Ensures PADI Travel accounting and finance reporting is accurate and follows the appropriate reporting structure and in alignment with regional standards.
- Act as an advisor to the GM/VP of Business Development regarding the business performance and opportunities that exist.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve efficiency of department; ensure that department's procedures are current and in line with internal and external customers' requirements.
- Present financial point-of-view on key decisions to PADI Travel and PADI WW management teams
- Dealing with admin and legal topics
- Assist in developing long-range business and financial forecasts as directed from time-to-time ensuring that reasonable assumptions are used based on historical performance and aligned expectations of the future.
- Ensure that the expense activity at PADI Travel is efficient and provides for a sufficient return on investment. Where necessary, coordinate and work with the Management team to identify additional expense efficiencies.
- Compile, distribute and manage budgets (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow) for PADI Travel
- Prepare cash forecasts and ensure that there is sufficient cash available to fund the operations of the Company.
- Provide a high level of customers service and maintain a reasonable level of cash flow.
- Present budgets and forecasts for the PADI Travel and PADI WW.
- Analyze PADI Travel results and provide clear representation of actual performance, future plans, risks and identify opportunities for growth and efficiency improvements.
- Compile reports required by management or government agencies including the following:
- Year End Budget and/or Forecast
- Annual tax returns
- Other reports as required
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary explaining key variances in monthly, quarterly, and annual business performance compared to budgeted and forecasted expectations.
- Prepare journal entries; maintain supporting schedules for all General Ledger Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Maintain General Ledger and General Journal for the company.
- Review monthly income and expense accounts for accuracy and ensure they are reasonable.
- Ensure Financial Statements are prepared in accordance with local accounting standards and US GAAP.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in preparing or answering questions relative to the year-end financial statement audit of PADI Travel
- Coordinate with External Auditors for interim and year-end audit activities.
- Maintain proper and timely tax management and filing.
- Maintain robust internal control structure and ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and internal requirements.
- Safeguard company assets (Fixed Assets)
- Financial Operations
- Ensure timely payment runs for suppliers.
- Manage the Company's accounts payable team and their processes and procedures to ensure that adequate internal controls are in place
- Manage the Company's accounts receivable team to ensure a high level of collectability on any sales made on credit terms. Oversee bank deposits and collections and the appropriate application of cash collections. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place
Your role will require to work on special projects to optimize finance operations such as:
- Optimizing FX cost along the value chain
- Implementing new and more cost-efficient payment methods and optimize cost of existing methods
- Monitoring fraud radar systems
- Optimizing credit card charging process to reduce refund cost
- Further automating supplier payout processes to reduce administrative effort and cost
- Other Duties as May Be Assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additionally, responsible for managing ideas; to create an environment that encourages ideas; to help employees develop their knowledge and improve their problem solving skills in order to increase the quality and impact of their ideas; and to champion ideas and look for possible larger implications in them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience working for a US-based Parent Company
- Big-4 Accounting Experience a Plus
- Minimum five years in related accounting areas and supervisory experience.
- You have worked in multi-currency set-ups and understand how to optimize for lowest FX cost
- You have experience with online businesses (ideally travel related) and an in-depth understanding of online payment methods (including alternate methods and potentially even crypto-currencies)
- Strong customer and member focus to reduce complexity and friction for those stakeholders
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Accuracy of numbers is second nature to you and you have high expectations towards your work product. You take pride in your work and invest extra time to check results before presenting them. You are able to quickly calculate rough estimates in your head to perform plausibility checks.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability and Willingness To:
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- Strong sense of ownership over your work and tasks
Demonstrate professional behavior that supports team effort and enhances team behavior, performance and productivity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time during the work day. The employee must have the visual ability for close vision and the ability to focus. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- PC literate. Word and Excel required
- Ability to organize and effectively manage time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with various levels of personnel
- Ability to negotiate effectively for company projects
- Significant experience in strategic planning, and general management activities with involvement at executive level.
- Experience in working in a global business environment and exposure to related issues
- The role will interact with PADI Travel and PADI Worldwide executive teams therefore strong interpersonal and collaboration skills are required
- Fluent business-level verbal and written English skills
Note on the application process - read carefully:
- Please apply using this link only (applications receiving us via other channels will not be considered):
- A separate cover letter is NOT required
- This process is only intended for individuals and not for professional recruiters. If you are a recruiter, please do not input any applications on behalf of other people.
- En lieu of a cover letter a questionnaire will be emailed to you after you have submitted your application
- Please read through all the questions before you start answering to avoid duplicate answers
- Please answer in a structured manner by comprehensively addressing each question and sub-question
- Please answer questionnaire as soon as possible as this is a required step
The organization is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. To view PADI's CCPA Notice please go to https://www.padi.com/ccpa-notice
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.