Fully Worldwide Remote Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTEWho we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate code AI for writing, fixing, and maintaining code, as well as our Code Search product, helping devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and growing the population of coders by giving anybody access to the deep knowledge base of a senior engineer through Cody and all of the context it brings. We’re preparing for a world with a lot more code than exists today, and that benefits us all.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
🌎 Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with US + CEST for at least 20 hours/week.Why this job is exciting
Source code is at the heart of Sourcegraph. We support multiple code hosts and retrieve, store, index, and serve source code - to end users, admins, and other internal services. Our latest addition to our product catalog, Cody, reimagines how code is written and supercharges our developer customers.
As an Engineering Manager, Cloud Operations, Ship, you will oversee the operations of our Cloud Managed Services. Sourcegraph hosts the infrastructure for our customers to manage their source code (search, insights, own, etc) as well as our brand new AI Code Assistant (Cody).
This role gives you the opportunity to solve complex, challenging, and highly technical problems for our customers, both internally and externally, help unleash the potential and productivity of our Engineering teams, and delight our customers with industry-leading quality software.
📅 Within one month, you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- Understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your teams are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- You will work closely with senior ICs on your team to ensure the technical strategy sets us up for success.
- Start transition of the Cloud Operations team over to you.
📅 Within three months, you will…
- Help all teams build scalable solutions to manage complex releases.
- Steadily improve processes for your teams and manage on-call & support rotations.
- Help improve our observability and reduce our MTTD (Mean Time to Detect) and MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve) critical customer issues
- Champion customer engagement in all phases of design, development to support flawless deployments
📅 Within six months, you will…
- Have significantly improved our current infrastructure key pain points
- Created a long-term plan for continuous improvement of the organization, higher scale customer handling, etc.
📅 Within one year, you will…
- Have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
- Develop a clear technical and execution strategy to achieve that next set of goals.
As Engineer Manager for Ship, you not only have experience as a technical manager, but also personal expertise to guide our teams to improve existing infrastructure, prepare for expansion of product lines, scale customer environments, scale our own ability to host more customers.
You have experience dealing with customers with very high technical bars of their own, and you can have serious technical conversations with CTOs, Heads of Engineering, and decision makers in companies in every business sector. You can represent your team with customers, roughly as if you were a rotation engineer on that team.
And as an Engineering Manager at Sourcegraph, your broad industry experience will be valuable across departments, from the data source (repo management) through the indexing, processing, and api serving in all our deployment environments.
- You have at least 4 years of management experience and 5 years of hands-on coding experience.
- You have led engineering teams and have held a high technical bar for teammates as well as yourself.
- You have experience with SaaS operations.
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- You have experience with container solutions (Kubernetes, GKE, Kustomize, Helm).
📊 This job is an M3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.Compensation
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $205,000 USD base.
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.Interview Process
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 5.75 hours in total.
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [30m] Hiring Manager Screen with Nelson Araujo
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [60m] Resume Deep Dive
- [60m] Peer Interview
- [45m] Cross-functional Team Collaboration Interview
- [60m] Technical Interview
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview
- We check references and conduct your background check
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.