Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTEWho we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
🌎 Given that are are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don't have a location requirement for this role. However, we prefer if your working hours overlap with US Pacific Time (US West region) or US Eastern Time (US East region) zones.Why this job is exciting
As the Director you will lead our exceptional high agency all-remote team of Customer Engineers (pre-sales) within our Technical Success organization. Our Customer Engineers lead the technical sale: they demonstrate product capabilities, qualify technical requirements and fit, guide trials, and support Sales in closing opportunities with prospective customers. This is the team that thrives on showing off the value from the nooks and crannies of our product, lives for giving our customers “aha” moments, and is the main technical point of contact our customers trust during the sales process.
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading our global pre-sales engineering team. As an integral part of the Technical Success Leadership Team, you will also lead multiple key initiatives that directly drive our company-wide goals and enable us to become the de facto code AI platform. In this role, you will:
- Lead the growth of our Customer Engineering organization as we look to make Sourcegraph valuable and accessible to every company
- Refine and scale the core CE processes such as discovery, technical qualification, technical evaluations, and professional services opportunities (where warranted)
- Help manage and develop our team’s ability to lead successful product demonstrations through customer discovery
- Influence prospects towards best practice architecture decisions
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations and best practices
📅 Within one month, you will…
- Go through a multi-week onboarding process including training on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Meet our existing pre-sales Customer Engineers and begin the process of forging a long standing partnership with each of them.
- Learn about how we discover relevant use cases, map those to key product capabilities and demonstrate the value of Sourcegraph to customers.
- Dive deep into our existing customer experience - processes, tools, and templates.
- Meet other internal organization leads and begin establishing working relationships.
📅 Within two months, you will…
- Take over direct front-line management of our existing team of Customer Engineers, which includes:
- Doing a regular reviews of each CE’s book of business including technical wins they are managing
- Making technical or strategic suggestions to unblock any issues for CEs and the customers they serve
- Regularly providing feedback to the team to encourage personal and career development, and
- Staying in lock-step with the Sales team to ensure consistent alignment along all customer touch points.
- Based on your observations thus far, make recommendations to leadership for improvement or the stand up of new processes, tools, templates, etc.
📅 Within three months and beyond, you will…
- Place your unique stamp on Sourcegraph by capturing and sharing the innovative approaches you and your team come up with and driving those through the rest of the organization.
- Take ownership of and execute the processes that will enable us to innovate and scale the CE function at Sourcegraph.
- Develop and grow the Customer Engineering team by cultivating a first class team, culture, process, and results. Results can be seen in Sourcegraph growth (revenue and adoption) and customer happiness.
You are an experienced and visionary people-driven pre-sales technical leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our organization’s ambitious and technically challenging objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph. If you are passionate about enterprise technical sales, then this role might be a perfect mutual match.
🔍 Your skillset:
- An excitement for our mission to make it so that everyone can code.
- Direct experience having managed a pre-sales client facing team (eg, Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, etc) that works with a technical product and buyer.
- A passion for driving your vision of success through strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and empower others.
- Enthusiasm to help form the foundation of a new team and new strategy from scratch, and you enjoy working on challenging open-ended problems.
- Ability to work core business hours for US Pacific Time (US West region) or US Eastern Time (US East region).
📊 This job is an M4. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.Compensation
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 If base only, insert: The target compensation for this role is $253,833 USD base.
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.Interview process
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 5.5 hours in total.
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30m] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [30m] Hiring Manager Screen with Aimee Menne
- [60m] Resume Deep Dive with Aimee Menne
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team, including cross-functional partners…
- [45m] Cross-Functional Peer Collaboration with Sales leadership
- [45m] Team interview with 2 direct reports
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview with co-founder
- [30m] Leadership with Carly
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.