Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of Work
We are looking for a strong Data Analyst to join our Compliance Technology team. The person will work on data and reporting requests pertaining to internal and external reporting needs. The person will support requests by the CCO and other RCOs for enhanced metrics and KRI/KPI scorecards across several cross functional processes (RiskCo/ExCO Metrics, Risk Scorecard, Global/Regional dashboards).
As the ideal candidate, you will have the technical chops to be able to parley with Data Engineers as well as the ability to work with business stakeholders to understand and frame a data/reporting requirement. Because of the criticality of the Compliance function this role supports, we are looking for an experienced, safe pair of hands and a team member with formidable attention to detail. You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to understanding the real-world context into which you are building.
- Develop and maintain high quality data sources (in partnership with the Data and Engineering teams) that can serve various Compliance needs e.g. surveillance, internal and regulatory reporting
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers to build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks
- Build consistency, automation and accuracy in Compliance reports and dashboards
- Develop Compliance reports/dashboards; communicate key results to Compliance and cross-functional stakeholders through self-serve tools and dashboards
- Build Compliance metrics in response to emerging business needs
- Work with Regional Compliance Officers to build regulatory reports
- Support ad-hoc data pull requests pertaining to audits, exams, risk assessments and day-to-day business needs
Skills you should HODL
- 2+ years experience in a Data Analyst role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, scripting languages and database concepts
- Experience with BI Software (Superset, Tableau etc)
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- Ability to clearly present reports, dashboards and complex results to Executives
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
Location Tagging: #EU
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job