Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
The Brand and Creative team at Kraken consists of a world class team working on bringing Kraken's mission and brand to life and on-boarding the World to Crypto.
The creative arm of kraken are responsible for coming up with campaign ideas that reflect the Kraken brand and soul and cement Kraken as a world changing, cultural icon, while ensuring a consistent voice, tone and visual style across Kraken branded surface (website, owned social, advertising, and partnerships).
The efforts of the Brand and Creative team is to inspire and engage both our existing and future clients, helping to grow Kraken and further the adoption of cryptocurrency.
The Creative Director is responsible for creating the killer ideas to get people excited to try Kraken: proactive and reactive, for crypto natives and noobs alike, from TV ads to social campaigns to activations around our Williams Racing partnership and more. You’ll apply a creative strategy lens to every Marketing brief to ensure everything we put out in the world is inspiring and on-brand, working closely with Brand Design and our AORs to bring the work to life. You need to feel at-home guiding the creative production of a TV commercial just as much as creating a NFT wearables concept or a social post for Bitcoin Pizza Day.
- Generate high quality, delightful creative concepts, productions and copy, partnering with designers, researchers, animators, content specialists, and engineers to bring them to life.
- Maintain the highest quality creative, brand vision, and messaging consistently across all channels
- Generate big ideas that insert Kraken into culture and establish Kraken as a leader in the crypto revolution
- Respond quickly to current events with reactive concepts to leverage in campaigns and on social media
- Leverage emerging technologies like AI to quickly iterate and launch creative content
- Guide creative agencies in the development of our brand platform and advertising campaigns, leaning on your unique vision to challenge ideas and push the creative to new heights
- Design the creative strategy to guide our Design team in the creation of Marketing assets
- Develop and maintain smooth workflows collaborating with other teams across the company
- Lead Kraken’s long term creative strategy for Marketing in order to solve a variety of complex business challenges within a fast paced crypto environment.
- Assess creative performance, leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights, and bring a iterative test-and-learn mindset to the process
- Be a role model for collaboration and design excellence
- Coach team members and support their professional development and interests, including conducting bi-annual performance reviews
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills you should HODL
- A strong online portfolio showcasing detail-oriented creative work, strategic thinking and provocative creative
- Mastery of Adobe CC, and Figma
- Experience leading and designing creative campaigns and brand-level advertising, from TV commercials to events to PR stunts and social.
- Set clear objectives, KPI’s and overall success measures.
- Evaluating trends, assessing new data, and keeping up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques.
- Natural storyteller; confident and experienced at presenting work for buy-in at executive level
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, emerging industry with a variety of design challenges
- Crypto experience a plus
Location Tagging: #US #EU #Canada #LI-AG1
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job