Instrumentl is growing! We’re looking for a detail-oriented Content Review Associate to help us maintain and expand a best-in-class grant funding database. If you're excited about the idea of working with a talented content operations team at a mission-driven company, then this role is made for you.
Instrumentl (YC S16) is the best platform for nonprofits and grant writing consultants looking to grow revenue. We help over 3,000 nonprofits to manage their institutional fundraising and win more grants by bringing discovery, tracking and grant management to one place.
Our mission is to be a force multiplier on the nonprofit sector’s ability to drive impact. We’re profitable and doubling year-over-year, with strong product-market fit (NPS is 60+).
About the role:
At Instrumentl, the grants database is the lifeblood of our product and our customers rely on us to provide up-to-date and accurate funding information. As a Content Review Associate, you will manage the procedures required to update our grants database quickly, efficiently, and accurately while constantly striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role will supervise a remote, part-time team responsible for reviewing changes to grant information and updating our database listings accordingly. You will also resolve higher-tier review tasks daily and work to improve our current standards of accuracy and timeliness.
You’ll report directly to Bonnie, our Grant Content Operations Manager. You'll also work closely with:
- Liz, Content Operations Lead
- Sarah B., Content Associate
- Amy, Karen, Rachel, and Sarah H., Grant Editors
Get to know us at instrumentl.com/about!
Instrumentl is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open to those flexible to Pacific, Central, or Eastern standard working hours as well.
What you'll get to do:
- Develop, track, and analyze database accuracy and team efficiency metrics
- Work with the Content Operations Manager to design and implement new procedures to improve accuracy standards
- Manage the team of contractors responsible for day-to-day manual review tasks
- Resolve higher-tier review tasks daily and respond to any escalated items from review contractors
- Strategize with the Content team to define and execute on annual and quarterly goals
What we're looking for:
- A ‘state of the art’ attention to detail: You have a superhero-like ability to find the tiniest error, whether it be a typo, an inconsistency, or a noncompliant formatting mistake.
- Leadership: You are capable of managing a diverse, international team of contractors.
- Process optimization: You can identify any unwelcome dips in performance, efficiency, or accuracy, and constantly work to improve existing processes.
- Tech-savviness: You are a fast learner, with the ability to pick up new tools or procedures effectively.
- Nonprofit sector experience: You have some familiarity with the nonprofit world, especially with grant writing and fundraising.
- Passion: You're excited about Instrumentl’s mission!
- Bonus: You have experience working in early-stage startups and being comfortable (even thriving!) with ambiguity.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary ($45,000 - $55,000/year, depending on experience)
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (50% for dependents)
- Company laptop + stipend to set up your home workstation
- Company retreats for in-person time with your colleagues
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. At Instrumentl, we are lucky to kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world, and we get to help power their success!
What to expect:
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role here - you won’t be bored! You’ll be an early member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge part in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
- We’re customer-focused. We routinely seek feedback from our customers to improve the Instrumentl experience for everyone. Our first company value is "The customer is the hero" and we mean it.
- We love to experiment. Our team is constantly generating new concepts and iterating to see what works - ideation and experimentation are essential here. "Bend the curve" is another key company value.
- We’re approachable and collaborative. Everyone has a voice, and we’re all building Instrumentl together.
- We kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
Ready to apply?
Click on the Apply button below and share your responses to the following prompts:
1. Provide an example of how you've increased efficiency in a people-based operation in a previous role.
2. You just came across a surprising error in a data entry operation you oversee. What are your first steps?
Along with your answers, please attach your CV or resume.
Instrumentl is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!
Apply for this job