About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, and supports the operation and growth of the Rootstock (a.k.a RSK) Blockchain, a Turing-complete Bitcoin sidechain, the most secure smart contract platform in the world. People around the world use the dApps built on top of Rootstock for a range of essential financial services.
IOV Labs also developed the Rootstock Infrastructure Framework (RIF) to provide our partners with the tooling and technology they need to build Decentralized apps and new Decentralized Financial services on the Rootstock Blockchain.
About the Role
We are seeking a Community & Communications Partner at IOV Labs.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping the Rootstock community growth, fostering engagement, and guiding our Ambassador Program to new heights. You'll be at the forefront of connecting with our community members, answering their questions, and developing strategies to foster an even stronger sense of belonging both online and offline.
You will also be a crucial collaborator in building relationships with the media and influencers working closely with the Director of Communications, Social Media Strategist and and Editorial Manager to ensure that our messaging reaches the right audiences and resonates with them.
This is a key role in the company, and in the marketing team with a focus on directly supporting, engaging and growing the community of Rootstock users and developers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Community Leadership: Be the face of IOV Labs within our community, engaging with members, answering questions, and fostering a sense of belonging.
- Ambassador Program: Manage and grow our Ambassador Program, empowering advocates who share our vision.
- Media & Influencer Relations: Assist in building and maintaining relationships with media outlets and influencers in the blockchain and Web3 space
- Online Events: Work alongside the social media strategist to manage, coordinate and host Twitter spaces, community calls, livestreams, webinars and more.
- Community Support: Work with internal team members and ambassadors to find ways to make sure we are providing rapid responses to community enquiries from users and developers
- Audience Insights: Identify, build and cultivate key relationships with members of our community and source actionable insights back to eng/product/partnerships teams.
- Ownership of Reporting: Measure and report on the success of community growth, support, and engagement initiatives with qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Be responsible for the growth and maintenance of our relationships with influencers and KOL’s
- Develop a strategic community growth plan with monthly and quarterly KPIs and OKRs
- Constantly learn, research, and experiment on how to do community building better
- Work closely together with the wider marketing team to support cross channel campaigns, activating our ambsassadors, influencers and community to drive real impact on our north start metrics.
- Establish and document formalized workflows, source best-in-class community management tools and develop a long term vision for the growth of the community management function.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or digital marketing, preferably in the tech or blockchain industry
- Strong written and verbal Spanish and English language skills
- Solid understanding of crypto and blockchain
- Experience growing and managing online communities
- Experience with online and offline event planning and execution
- A deep understanding of blockchain, and specifically Ethereum and DeFi, is a must
- A deep understanding of crypto consumers and what motivates them online
- You have 3+ years in a community management role, with a track record of growing crypto communities.
- You have a genuine interest in blockchain and web3 technologies, or prior experience in decentralized governance solutions, LegalTech, or FinTech and are ideologically aligned with open governance and decentralization.
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously in a distributed team environment, spanning multiple time zones and geographies.
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to... build a more decentralized world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 100% remote working (contractor) from anywhere in the world
- Possibility to work at your nearest WeWork space
- Flexible working hours. You’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English or Spanish
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counseling for you and your family
We are excited to see what you're made of!
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.