Getro’s Operations team led the charge in building a healthy SaaS business in 2022. Come join a mission-oriented company where Operations is empowered to make a meaningful business impact. In this pivotal moment, we’re seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to form part of our core team (first 30 employees). This role will report to the COO. Note: this is a part time role to begin.What’s Getro:
Getro helps people connect to life changing professional opportunities through trusted networks. Who’s a trusted network?
We help 700+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Lerer Hippeau), web3 organizations (Polygon), accelerators (Techstars), membership communities (QueerTech), economic development organizations (Good Life CNY), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their member and measure the outcomes of the introductions they make in their networks. How?
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies, making network opportunities visible;
- GetroConnect, which allows talent within the network to connect with those opportunities and companies, facilitating introductions and referrals.
If you’ve ever hired or been hired through a referral, you know how powerful the right introduction can be. That’s the power of Getro.You, as a person:
- You are a passionate person, and care about combining human technology and empathy
- You are highly driven and proactive - you make things happen
- You practice committed ownership - you own your projects from beginning to end, you ask for buy-in to make better decisions, but aren’t paralyzed without it. When things go wrong, you accept accountability for your part without blaming others, and share your learnings openly
- You are detail & process oriented
- You are a proactive communicator and team player
- You make decisions with facts
- You work between the CT and CEST time zones
- Equal parts human / analytical
- Experience working at a pre Series B company
- Min. 3 years in startup operations, finance, consulting, general management, backoffice, data, or other analytical roles (we can adjust the role scope if you're coming with more than that)
- Effective written communicator
- Strong data orientation / analytical skills
- Plus: you self define as someone who gets things done
- Async Loom alignment with our COO to prioritize open projects you're working on
- Running a meeting with our external accountants (we work with Zeni) to dig into a 30% jump in Operating Expenses last month, and make the journal entries in Quickbooks to close the books
- Presenting a cost / benefit analysis with your recommendation on which HR platform for distributed workforces is best for Getro
- Finishing a Vendor Order form to help Sales Close a new Deal
- Leading onboarding for a new Employee, levering our internal knowledge center, which you own (we use Guru)
- Preparing KPIs for the next board meeting and the next company All Hands Presentation
- 100% remote, 100% flexible: We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose (between the CT and CEST time zones). We believe in working smarter, not harder.
- Salary: $42-60k for 20 hours / week
- Why the range? We decide salaries based on the cost of living where you're based
- $200 / month cash coworking stipend
- Generous Employee Stock Options with an attractive strike price
- Unique culture: we are humans first and believe that work is more fulfilling when we can show our full selves to the people we work with
- Make an impact: help shape the path of an early-stage team
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years and are multi-time founders
- Remote-first company since 2018
- 21 team members across 7+ countries (Hear from Ted & meet Thomas from our team)
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in-person for Summits (Germany, Cape Town, San Fran, Portugal...)
How we work:
We're ambitious but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presenteeism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
One last thing:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Getro we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role, or others. :)