Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Join the Application Security Engineering team and help protect Kraken's assets and reputation as one of the most secure companies in the crypto space!
The goal of the Application Security Engineering department is to protect against vulnerabilities and ensure that every step of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) follows security best practices. This department is responsible for adhering to secure coding principles and aid in testing the applications against security risk/parameters before release. This includes supporting and consulting with product and development teams, assisting them in reproducing, triaging, and addressing application security vulnerabilities and supporting the bug bounty program
- Design, develop, and implement security solutions, with an emphasis on Rust
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develop and maintain secure coding practices for our applications.
- Work with development teams to integrate security measures into the software development lifecycle.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the security team.
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats and technologies, and recommend best practices to enhance our security posture.
Skills you should HODL
- At least 5 years of experience in application security.
- Strong expertise in Rust programming language.
- Experience with web application security, including OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with SecDevOps and CI/CD best practices
- Knowledge of cloud security, including AWS.
- Knowledge of container security, including Docker or Kubernetes.
- Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Apply for this job