Fully Remote Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
We're building a category-defining company to increase the speed of innovation in higher education. Woolf's mission is to increase access to world-class higher education and ensure that it is globally recognized and transferable. We help qualified education organizations launch world-class higher education programs that issue academic credits and globally recognized accredited degrees.
Woolf University is a collegiate higher education institution modeled on the University of Oxford and Delhi University. We are the first global collegiate university to allow other education organizations to join as member colleges and issue degrees. Our colleges include some of the fastest growing EdTech companies in the world: UpGrad, Scaler, GoIT, EduBridge, AlmaBetter, Deep Science Ventures, and many others.
We are a globally distributed, fully remote team with a bias for action. Our team is mission-aligned, high IQ/low ego, and committed to excellence. Our investor group includes First Round Capital (who also led the seed investment for Notion, Roblox, Uber, and Square), Connect Ventures, IOVC, All Access Fund, and Tribe Capital.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will oversee the accreditation and compliance operations, requiring sharp attention to detail and willingness to dive in and get involved at all levels. This role works closely with the CEO on global strategy: Woolf owns several universities, retains multiple local law firms, and works to ensure the recognition of Woolf degrees in all jurisdictions.
This role will lead a small but growing Accreditation team of subject matter experts, which serves as the hub of Woolf’s academic and regulatory compliance infrastructure, and supports all of our academic programs.
This role will design and manage all internal accreditation and compliance operations, will be client-facing with the leadership of our colleges, and it will regularly interface with regulators in multiple jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate be systematic, with a high attention to detail, and demonstrate a commitment to designing and maintaining and strategic initiatives. You will proactively identify opportunities and takes action to improve team and company operations. You will be able to organize and oversee projects, as well as participate in them.
- Exercise operationally strong leadership with attention to detail and ability to master complex accreditation systems (CFA, JD, or MBA strongly preferred).
- Provide strategic leadership for accreditation and compliance, working with standards set out by major accreditation bodies in the United States and Europe (EHEA, WASC, BPPE, HLC, SACS, etc.).
- Guide and advise Woolf’s member colleges on regulation, while overseeing Woolf’s audit and compliance practice. Develop a guidance framework of policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance.
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulators and external legal teams.
- Serve as a member of University and member college committees.
- Stay current with emerging trends, best practices, and legislative activity.
- JD, CFA, or MBA. Management consulting background at McKenzie, BCG, Bain etc. considered a benefit.
- We will prioritize operationally strong candidates with a proven attention to detail and willingness to learn the details of accreditation regulation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; detail-oriented
- 3-5 years of management experience in finance, education, regulatory affairs, risk and quality management and/or similar areas.
- Experience working in a start up environment is a plus.
- Ability to interface confidently with executives and regulatory and higher education leadership
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to distill complex information and communicate it effectively
- Strong, solution-oriented problem-solving skills
- Previous experience or demonstrated passion for higher education/edtech
- High IQ, high EQ
- Demonstrated expertise in the accreditation function, with emphasis on US higher education
- Strong and consistent leadership, with demonstrated experience in leading complex projects involving diverse stakeholders, including senior leadership, to achieve excellence
- Expertise in liaising with various external agencies
- Current experience with achieving compliance with accreditation standards
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to new circumstances
- Passion for Woolf’s mission, vision and embodiment of our core values
- Experience working remotely
- Smart, talented team
- Flexible PTO and working hours
- New-hire stipend for your WFH setup
- US residents: Health, dental, vision, 401k with company match
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.