This role is remote and open globally.
Are you a talented recruiting professional with a strong track record of sourcing and attracting top global talent, where you’ve not only hired great people but influenced outcomes that have helped change the business? If this describes you, and you’re looking to join a rapidly-growing tech startup with a global footprint, then Metabase may be right for you! High talent density is at the forefront of our recruiting strategy, and we’re seeking a driven and thoughtful Senior Sourcer to help us double our headcount by finding top talent globally across all levels of the organization. This role will work to directly source high caliber candidates and support all interview processes to ensure a timely, positive, and transparent candidate experience. You will partner with hiring managers to advise on hiring best practices, build quality pipelines, and create a positive candidate experience. The ideal candidate values candidates' and hiring managers' time and is relentless with delivering a high-touch and quality recruiting experience. We are looking for sourcers to support both technical and non-technical roles.
At Metabase, we value people who get things done, honor their commitments, keep things moving, seek to understand, and are thoughtful (at speed). Your work will help us build an ambitious and talented team. You will initially focus on sourcing top talent, with room to eventually lead and execute our hiring strategies to grow teams across all functions as we scale. The ideal candidate will have proven experience sourcing high talent density candidates within tech/SaaS/BI.
- Build sourcing strategies (including identifying the best online sourcing channels), plans, and pipelines that allow us to interview and hire premier talent
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their talent needs
- With time, proactively assess effectiveness of recruitment tools, resources, and overall approach to identify gaps, continuously improving recruiting operations and interview practices, and driving efficiency and effectiveness, updating and evolving as needed
- Create materials and provide internal training on best practices for hiring
- 5+ years of experience in the recruiting space, preferably as part of an in-house team
- Experience growing remote teams from 50 to 100 employees
- A strong track record of sourcing and attracting top talent, ideally for a company with an extremely high bar
- A thorough understanding of how to best hire top talent within tech; you are relentless in your pursuit to attract top talent and can persuade passive candidates to enter your pipeline.
- Understand the value behind unearthing candidates’ abilities to perform job duties versus hiring “interviewing experts”
- Drive change for the better; your ideas are driven by first principle thinking, creativity, enthusiasm, and pure hustle
- Detail, strategic and results oriented. You can zoom out to help plan business strategy and then zoom in to deliver in the weeds
- Ability to take decisive action with a focus on results, along with strong business acumen, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable partnering with senior leadership on hiring initiatives
- Proactive with a true sense of ownership and accountability + an ability to work asynchronously
- Experience hiring specialists and complex roles from entry-level to supervisors
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.