Fully Work From Anywhere Jobs
The only fully location independent job board. We hand pick every job on this site. Live and work anywhere.
💜 Love this site? plz tweet about it
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTEWho we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate code AI for writing, fixing, and maintaining code, as well as our Code Search product, helping devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and growing the population of coders by giving anybody access to the deep knowledge base of a senior engineer through Cody and all of the context it brings. We’re preparing for a world with a lot more code than exists today, and that benefits us all.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, the expected working hours for this position is 9:00a - 5:00p PST.Why this job is exciting
As part of the Technical Success organization, Support Engineering (SE) is at the forefront of the customer experience. Our customers simply wouldn’t be successful, happy, long term customers without the important work this team does! SE exists to not only resolve technical issues but educate our customers by answering reactive questions, and by importantly identifying improvements we can make to help improve the product. Our customers are developers and we help them throughout their customer journey.
Within one month you will…
- Learn about our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our practices.
- Learn how Sourcegraph is deployed (e.g., Kubernetes, scaling, and more), product configuration and integrations, our code base, and common user needs.
- Meet for an initial chat with the teammates you will work with most
- Start working with customers to troubleshoot and solve reported issues (with lots of support and help from your team).
Within three months you will…
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and solve reported issues
- Contribute to improving our product and handbook documentation
Within six months you will…
- Observe trends causing issues for our customers and suggest remedies (for example, what consistent things happen that we can write tooling for...)
- Suggest (and take responsibility for) improvements for team onboarding and ongoing enablement, improving the customer experience, and/or improving the product
You are curious and compassionate. You are a problem solver - you love the moment where you “figure it out”. You enjoy trying new technologies, breaking them and helping fix them. You want to be part of a technical organization while talking with customers.
- Profound curiosity to figure out why something works the way it does / to learn more
- Working experience with Unix/Linux and/or Bash
- Working experience with Kubernetes containerized solutions
- Working experience with code hosts such as GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket
- Strong understanding of databases, especially SQL
- Compassion to meet our customers (who are all developers themselves) where they are, understand their issues, and be compelled to action
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to solve difficult problems for customers
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical ideas and decisions to a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical)
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
Nice to have
- Foundational knowledge of APIs and/or Git
- Foundational knowledge of cloud computing with AWS, GCP or Azure DevOps
- Experience writing code in Go or another language
- Basic knowledge of or experience with Perforce
- Basic understanding of AI tools and how developers use them
📊 This job is an IC2. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.Compensation
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $106,000 USD base.
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.Interview process
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30 min] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [45 mins] Hiring Manager Screen: Enrique Gonzalez, Head of Support
- [Async 1.5 hours] You complete a technical project and we share the results over email.
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [30 minutes] Collaboration and communication skills with an existing member of our Support Engineering team.
- [30 minutes] Technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills with a member of our Support Engineering team.
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30 minutes] Values interview
- [30 minutes] Co-founder interview
- We check references & offer you the job!
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Please mention that you found the job on Real Work From Anywhere, this helps us get more companies to post here. Thanks.