Mechanical Orchard is a fast-growing startup that takes a fresh view on old problems. We replace legacy computing systems for the Global 2000, with a focus on mitigating risk and creating a genuinely solid foundation for innovating and adapting.
Our background in software development and the impact on the industry is well known, and we've literally helped write the book on XP and other impactful agile practices. We’re applying the same thoughtfulness and rigor in weaving AI into everything we do. We believe in the durable principles behind agile, and embrace the power of cross-functional teams, collective ownership, test driven development, short feedback loops, and continuous improvement.
We are Generous, Ethical, Effective, and Kind.
As a member of Mechanical Orchard's Information Security team, you will be expected to, assist with, perform, or manage the following tasks:
- Help evolve, implement, and manage the organization's information security program, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities in our systems and processes.
- Design and implement security controls and measures to secure the company's data, endpoint systems, networks, cloud-based infrastructure, and company processes.
- Work with engineering organizations to ensure their development processes, code, systems and operations are secure (DevSecOps, AppSec).
- Implement and oversee security awareness and training programs.
- Work with customer InfoSec teams, answer their questions when they are analyzing our security posture.
- Lead incident response in the event of a security incident or breach, including forensic analysis, mitigation strategies and recovery efforts.
- Work with third-party vendors to evaluate their security practices and ensure they meet our organization's standards.
- Lead internal security audits, manage external security audits and compliance audits.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest information security threats, trends, technologies, and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have had experience securing an organization that performs agile software development and operates production infrastructure using cloud service providers.
Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as empathy are essential for working closely with the development team, customers, and others at Mechanical Orchard.
Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Mechanical Orchard, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Thanks!